Saturday, May 24, 2008


It is official! Eli is potty trained. It has been a long hard road getting to this point! I guess you could say that this was my first experience as a potty trainer, being that Jake just walked up to me when he was 2 and said "Mom, I want to go in the potty". Eli has been his cute little adorable self, just like his mom...... Stubborn. He has fought it the whole way. I knew he had really gotten it when we went to the park the other day. If any of you have little boys you will understand that we when you go to the park your boys will not do anything to jeopardize getting to stay longer. So I thought okay, this is the test. We had been at the park for a while, the boys were on the playground and I was flying a kite when I turned around to see Eli squatting down absolutely naked going to the bathroom on the rocks. Usually, a mother would be disturbed by this, but this was the happiest moment in my adult parenting life. He had gotten it, at all cost.... do not go in your underwear. The only thing that saddens me a little, is I know I will never talk Nick into having a third child now that there are no more diapers. I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS ELI! YOU ARE A POOPING IN THE POTTY MACHINE! THAT' S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!

1 comment:

The Lord Family said...

Way to go Eli! I am so glad you are back to the blogging world!