Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bring it on!!!

I haven't posted in literally eternit , but having the swine flu, being churchless, and my husband being jobless has prompted some new thoughts. Last Tuesday my husband lost his job, my family lost their church, and I was diagnosed with the swine flu , in  a matter of 15 minutes. I know what you are thinking.... WOW! Yeah that is exactly what I was thinking. Praise the Lord that I am feeling physically better. Today, 7 days later, I am finally feeling  somewhat healthy. However, my heart is still broken. Sorry I have no details that I feel like sharing but I just need somewhere to say that I HURT! It is amazing though how God allows you to feel hurt and hope at the same time. I know that my God is way bigger than this stupid stupid week and when the end of the story is revealed , I  will be beaming from ear to ear at what my gracious Saviour had in store for me and my family. The middle of the story just sucks so bad!!! It is quite funny actually..... a true "Mandy" happening. The week before all this happened. I prayed God if you have to destroy me to draw me closer to you then do it. Well I got some of what I asked for and I am going to embrace it. I am DETERMINED and REFUSE to miss this opportunity to draw closer to him, the one who shed His blood for me, during this trial. Satan, seriously, is that all you've got.... bring it on.

Psalm 30:11-12
You turned my wailing into dancing; 
You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness
that my heart may sing to You and not to be silent.
Oh Lord my God, I will give you praise forever.

5 comments:

The Lord Family said...

You continue to amaze me! You are such a great example of who I wish I could be. I know you don't realize it, but your faith and love are evident even when you don't feel like they are. Hang in there, friend. I truly believe that the bigger picture for you all will be worth all the heartbreak. I love ya!

Mandy said...

You are amazing! I saw you go through so much loss this past year and you never complained and were still still able to keep your joyful smile through hard circumstances. Michelle was just saying the other day Melissa never looses her temper and always stays positive. Thank you for the encouragement. Love ya too!

Mindy said...

Hey, Mandy. I just wanted to say I'm glad you are drawing closer to God through your struggles & are hopeful for what he has in store for you. You are an inspiration to me (& I'm sure others) :)

Julie Tiemann said...

Wow, Mandy, so much for your family to deal with. I'm so sorry to hear about Nick's job... I'm assuming the church is cutting back? I'm hearing about this more and more... With Mike working at our church and me at a non-profit, and knowing how giving is down for us and everywhere, it's quite nerve-wracking. Your positive attitude is inspirational to me for sure... Please keep us posted on how things develop with your family!

Robin Snyder said...

Mandy, I am sorry you were hit with all of those at once. You have an amazing heart and spirit and I know you will overcome all of it and look back in relief, thankful to God for the change.

I miss your sweet face and will have you in my prayers!