Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fear Not!

Someone who has inspired me several times in my life once asked me the question, " Can you imagine what life would be like if our fears didn't exist." If you think about it, most of the time fear is the motivation for a lot of things we do. Then there is the ultimate fear, the one thing that we are sure will just destroy us...." God if this happens well I just won't be able to make it. " Everyone has them. Maybe it is fear of loosing someone you love, financial ruin...... I don't know ,only you know. Well, I know one of my top ones and that is Fear of abandonment, being alone. It cost me a lot of money and a lot of inner soul searching to learn this truth. With any fear, once it is identified the next goal should be how to conquer it. I have been trying to conquer this one for a while now and there are certain times in my life that they creep a little bit closer to the forefront. However, I have to say through, I think I have figured out how to destroy fear and that is only with rock solid truth. When those fears creep up, which I believe is Satan's greatest tool, we have to latch on to what we know to be truth and not let go until one day the fear is gone.
Example:


FEAR
I am unworthy of love, disposable and not valuable
TRUTH
I am a Child of God created by the Creator of the Universe for the purpose of worshiping him and no one can snatch me from his hand.

Thank you for that truth Father! I hope that all of you find some truth to silence your fears today.:)

Mandy

2 comments:

The Lord Family said...

Great post. So true. You have every reason to have that fear, know you are loved :)

buttercup said...

Keep letting yourself be real my friend : ) Hope to see you this week to let the boys play... does Wednesday work?