Saturday, August 18, 2007

Well, after a couple of weeks of school Jake is adjusting beautifully. He came home this week excited about all the friends that he had met. I also heard him in his room saying "2+2=4, 5+2=7". I told him jake that is great most people aren't able to do that in preschool and with a serious face and his hand on his hip he promptly replied, Mom I am not in preschool I am in pre-K. :) I thought that was so cute! Eli is starting gymnastics next week and has been practicing. I walked into the kitchen the other day and he had pulled the bar stools into the kitchen and was doing flips off of them. He has no fear. It scared me to death! Jake signed up for soccer this week. We tried to get him to try baseball or football but he quickly informed us that David Beckham doesn't play those sports. So Soccer it is. I will post some pictures once the season starts.
Oh, for those of you that remember Angela, one of my dearest friends that was in my wedding, she has moved to Az. I have prayed for so long that one of my friends would move closer to me and it has happened. This is such a huge blessing. Nick is busy relaunching student ministries and planning trips for vision Africa, but continues to absolutely love his job.
On another note, we have a few prayer requests being that you guys are the closest and dearest to our hearts. Nick learned this week that he has $5,000 in dental work he has to have done, one of the members of our family backed into our garage (I am not going to ever tell who but it wasn't me), and my job situation has changed again where I will be making a larger decrease in pay than I originally thought. As I have said before , we know that God is faithful. He has never let us down and we know that in the big picture these are minor things. We would however be so grateful if you would pray that we would focus on the blessings in our life and not be bogged down with the stresses of life. We love all you guys, and for those of you that we don't get to see on a regular basis we miss you!!!

No comments: