Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kindergarten Blues!

My sweet, precious little boy is starting kindergarten tomorrow and I am a wreck!I keep trying to figure out what the core issue of my despair is.Is it that someone is going to be spending more time with him everyday than me, is it that someone might be mean to him,or is it simply that my little man is growing up. Those are the things that most parents are sad about, but I realized last night that what I was sad about was my baby is a boy now and I am not sure that I cherished every moment the way I should have up until this point. Tonight, I looked across the table at him as we were making his school bag and he just looked older. Although I am so sad, there is that part of me that is excited for him. I have to say it is fun to see him so happy. In his kindergarten class he can't take a backpack but he can take a tote bag so tonight we made him a really cool bag for school and then prayed as a family for Jake' s big day. If you guys don't mind pray that I will be able to hold it together so that he can't tell that I am sad.:)







3 comments:

The Lord Family said...

I am thinking of you today. I know how difficult it is. Hang in there! You are an awesome mommy and have prepared Jake to take on this next stage in his life. He will love it, and it will get easier I promise...in a couple years we will be thinking is summer break ever going to end so that you can go back to school!

Elizabeth Myatt said...

I can't imagine Hudson going to school...I am like you though, not sure what it is that makes me so sad about it. Hope it goes well and he has a good day. Can't wait to hear about it. We are getting things packed up here...when we get moved, I promise I will call you an catch up. When is your next trip to TN?

Elizabeth Myatt said...

Anxiously awaiting to see how the first day went...